Thursday, June 15, 2006

It's time to go...... Kyle Sandilands

ENOUGH!!!!!! It is bad enough that we have to hear him on the radio and to see him on TV but now this spikey-haired boofhead has his face on stickers that adorn DVDs in JB Hifi with the ludicrous caption "Kyle Recommends"!!!!

Who the hell would choose a movie because Kyle Sandilands recommends it? Maybe I missed something in Kyle's CV. I know he was a street kid, a shock jock*, an MTV presenter*, a dj*, a record producer* and a judge on Australian Idol* but I'm not sure why that would give him credence enough to recommend movies. I don't remember him sitting in for David and Margaret or for Bill Collins. I can't find any movie reviews that he has ever written or god forbid any suggestion that the guy is even remotely film literate, and yet somehow he is recommending movies to people. Getting advice on movies from Kyle makes about as much sense to me as getting advice on what condom to use from the Pope.

Kyle is a millionaire thanks to very good managers, a bully boy attitude and the Austereo network that somehow seems to have complete control over who makes it onto our TV screens (can anyone tell me who the hell Fifi Box was or is?). The only credit I could give him is his ability to become very successful with absolutely no talent.

I'm afraid I'm losing faith in a world where little Sophie Delezio can be hit by a car, burned and then hit by a car again and Kyle Sandiland becomes a millionaire and gets any job he wants by being an arrogant prick. I think God gave up caring a long time ago.

Until next time......

G

*There is no evidence that Kyle had any relevant experience before taking any of these positions, certainly not enough to put him ahead of actual, qualified applicants.

No comments: